Subject: Re: Package build box
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2000 21:46:50
Hubert Feyrer writes:

> ftp://smaug.fh-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD/pkgstat/20000703.1751/broken.html
>
> If you want something in a state between heaven and earth, you can also
> have a look at
> http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/builddb/listdb.php3
> This doesn't include my latest i386/al5_ALPHA build as i sweeped the
> entries by accident (Did I mention the bulk machine's also my
> development machine?).

One thing I occasionally run into is a missing DEPENDS for a package.
So if I happen to have 300 packages installed it works fine, but if I
am starting from scratch the build fails.  I can't think of a specific
example right now, but it seems like a package checker machine would need
to build each package all by itself, trash /usr/pkg and /var/db/pkg and
then build the next one.  Otherwise there may be an interdependency that
goes uncaught.

> If you get us a nice fast(!) box, i'd be willing to set things up on it.
> Contact me privately for more requirements (e.g. 75G disk is absolute
> overkill :-)

Define fast. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.