Subject: Re: strict (developer) checks when compiling pkgs
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2000 13:17:33
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Apologies - I'm probably missing something here, but once someone
> > 	has taken a pass through and identified which packages need the
> > 	bypass, wouldn't it only ever affect people creating new packages,
> > 	or updating existing ones?
>
> Right, that's why I will enable it with a "PKG_DEVELOPER" switch.

	Wuuld you intend to make it the default after someone has taken
	that pass through to identify which packages need the bypass?

	Otherwise it won't be in force where it could be the most use -
	when people write packages for submission.

	Maybe the error message could direct people to a specific
	section in Packages.txt?

		David/absolute
				       -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --