Subject: Re: pkgdiff -- tools for easier pkgsrc patch creation and maintenance
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2000 04:43:04
Mutt made be believe that Brook Milligan wrote:
> Another suggestion for improvement to this system (which is really
> handy by the way) would be to skip diffs that are empty.

I just changed pkgdiff to not generate any output at all if the
files don't differ. mkpatches doesn't generate empty patches now.
There's probably lots of more efficient ways to do it, but I'm no
perl wizard yet, either ;-)

> I'm not enough of a perl wizard to know how to change pkgdiff, but
> there must be a simple means of checking whether the $diff variable is
> empty and skipping the rest of the processing (e.g., adding $NetBSD$,
> ...).

pkgdiff in special is a shell script ;-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Bye,
 Thomas

--