Subject: Re: staroffice installation problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark <marquedej@onebox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2000 09:57:48
Wow! First of all, I've been getting lots of responses to my questions.
Thanks to all of you who answered.

Now, the real question. Where can I find step-by-step (almost newbie)
instructions on bringing my NetBSD 1.4.2 system up to the latest and
greatest.

Does that mean upgrading the "-current", or "1.5_ALPHA", as Hubert pointed
out? After Hubert's email, I'm inclined to go the "1.5_ALPHA" route.
However, what kinds of caveats am I asking for?

Since you've all been so helpful, let me explain briefly what I'm trying
to accomplish (hmm, maybe this isn't the right mailing list for this
message. If not, please simply respond via email and not back to this
list).

I'm running NetBSD on a Micron Transport Xke laptop (166MHz Pentium-type
machine) and it runs great. All I need the machine to do is display PowerPoint
slides on an overhead projector, hence the desire to get StarOffice up
and running. Ultimately, it'd be great if all the machine did was boot
up into StarOffice without running much else.

If you have any suggestions on how best to accomplish this, I'd be very
grateful. Oh, as in all real-world projects, if I could get this going
by this Sunday (2 July 00) at 10:00 am Pacific time, that'd be even better!
<grin>

Take care,

 -- Mark (marquedej@onebox.com)

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com