Subject: sup question
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark <marquedej@onebox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2000 09:20:16
Hi,

I've just begun to try to install some of the packages in "pkgsrc". I
did the "ftp" method first and then decided to try using "sup".

The first road-block I've run into with sup is that I get the following
error:

  SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for system software at Jun 29 02:18:38
  SUP: Can't find my host entry

I'm not sure what that means or, more importantly, how to fix it.

During my search for the answer, I came across references to various
sup configuration files (/etc/coll.list /etc/coll.what /etc/coll.host
/etc/coll.dir). However, I can find no documentation that indicates what,
exactly, to put in these files and in what format.

Can someone here please help fill in some details? Thanks!

 -- Mark (marquedej@onebox.com)

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com