Subject: strict (developer) checks when compiling pkgs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/28/2000 02:43:44
i've committed a "check-shlibs" target tonight, but it's not used anywhere
right now. To play with it, type "make install" in a pkg, then "make
check-shlibs". This will run ldd on all binaries and libs and list the
ones that won't find their libs at runtime.

I'd like to enable this by default, but it's a very strickt check, making
some things like xforms on i386 to never compile (i've already notified
Zhao).

What i have in mind is a PKG_DEVELOPER variable that one can set to 1 in
/etc/mk.conf, and that does
 * set PATCH_FUZZ_FACTOR=-F0
 * run check-shlibs at the end of "root-install"
 * maybe some other things - let me know!

Comments?

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!