Subject: Re: sawfish package
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@helixcode.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/2000 10:12:33
> Allright! I'd been hacking on this for a while, but librep always
> choked, for me, on bootstrapping the lisp compiler.

Really? What arch? I've built it on i386 and powerpc without needing
any patches or special magic (although maybe it's something that was
fixed in librep recently...)

> devel/librep is duplicated as lang/librep. One of those should go away.

Hm... lang actually makes more sense, I think...

> > How do I make rep-gtk depend on the "new" gettext (with .so) which has
>
> The obvious solution that comes to mind is to bump the version number
> of the package to gettext-0.10.35nb1, and depend on that.

Ah, right. I just didn't know how to have the package name not be the
same as the DISTNAME, but now that you've said that I realize I can
copy libtool's example.

-- Dan