Subject: Re: skill package changes for NetBSD >= 1.5
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2000 04:40:18
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Simon Burge wrote:
> I'd like to change the skill package to use the new sysctls so that
> it doesn't need to be installed setgid kmem.  I need to know in the
> Makefile if ${OS_VERSION} is 1.5 or later - is there an easy way I can
> do what I want (see the XXXXX bits below)?  I couldn't find an example
> with a quick glance at other pkgsrc Makefiles.
> 	.if ${KPROC2} > 0
> 	MAKE_ENV+=	COPTS=-DKPROC2
> 	.else
> 	BINMODE=	02555
> 	MAKE_ENV+=	BINGRP=kmem COPTS=-DUVM
> 	.endif

no -DUVM when KPROC2 is enabled?

In any case, please make sure you send your changes back to the pkg's
author.

BTW, another approach would be to let (auto)configure do the detection,
but I don't know offhands if skill uses that. Might be a suggestion for
improvement to the author if you send him back your changes. :)

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!