Subject: Re: skill package changes for NetBSD >= 1.5
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/2000 04:38:22
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Simon Burge wrote:
> Techincally this change will also work on NetBSD >1.4Z.  A
> different way of checking would be to check if "KVM_NO_FILES" is
> in /usr/include/kvm.h.  Would this be better?  Something like:
>
> 	KPROC2!=	grep -c KVM_NO_FILES /usr/include/kvm.h || true
>
> 	.if ${KPROC2} > 0
> 	MAKE_ENV+=	COPTS=-DKPROC2
> 	.else
> 	BINMODE=	02555
> 	MAKE_ENV+=	BINGRP=kmem COPTS=-DUVM
> 	.endif

Looks ok to me, but please add this also:
MAKEFLAGS+=	KPROC2=${KPROC2}
so that sub-makes don't have to re-run the (expensive) "!=".

If you want to get a OS release instead (whatever you prefer, that's
really up to you from my POV), you can use the $OS_VERSION variable (which
is set to output of 'uname -r' in bsd.prefs.mk, i.e. you need to .include
"../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk").

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!