Subject: lang/clisp: patch-aa questions
To: None <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2000 02:39:47

Any reason why we should still need the following flags that get added
in lang/clisp/patches/patch-aa?

+if [ "$TSYSOS" = "netbsd" ] ; then # NetBSD
+       XCFLAGS=$XCFLAGS' -DNO_GENERATIONAL_GC -fpcc-struct-return -Dunix'

The author (who is willing to incorporate greater parts of the
patches, after some changes, which I'm just now doing ;-) ) claims
a) NO_GENERATIONAL_GC was only ever needed because of a NetBSD 0.92
   kernel bug (which hopefully has been fixed some time ago), and
b) that -fpcc-struct-return is unneeded, because clisp is not even
It seems to work on 1.4.2/i386 if I remove those flags.

One more question:
> -     X_LIBS='@X_LIBS@'                   # either '-L/usr/somewhere/lib -lX11' or ''
> +     X_LIBS='-Wl,-rpath ${X11BASE}/lib @X_LIBS@' # either '-L/usr/somewhere/lib -lX11' or ''

Why doesn't autoconf add that -Wl to the X_LIBS itself?
And shouldn't it be: -Wl,-rpath -Wl,${X11BASE}/lib @X_LIBS@ instead?

Thomas Klausner -
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und
das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt. (found on /.)