Subject: Re: gs with more output drivers?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2000 15:39:02
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> writes:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:36:34PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I upgraded some pkgs on my system (not gs) and a new ghostscript was also
> > installed.  All is well, I think, BUT the new gs only contains the x11
> > output drivers - which caused the famous "I didn't touch anything but my
> > FAX print filter broke" effect.
> >
> > How do I install a gs with "all" output drivers?
>
> There are now separate packages, one gs with only x11 and one will all
> the drivers. Check pkgsrc/print/

This is incorrect.  With a recent pkgsrc containing the packages for
ghostscript 6.01, ghostscript contains all the drivers, and
ghostscript-nox11 contains all non-X11 drivers.  This means
ghostscript contains a superset of the drivers available in
ghostscript-nox11.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/