Subject: pkgtools on NetBSD 1.3.2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2000 18:59:45
Greetings. I'm running 1.3.2 on a system because it is the only one
that will build there (without me having to do a *bunch* of work).
I'd really like to build some of the packages there. I got the latest
pkgsrc tarball just fine. However, I have to build
pkgtoos/pkg_install first, and that build fails with:

all ===> delete
cc  -Wl,-R/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -L/usr/lib  -o
pkg_delete main.o perform.o
-L/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/pkg_install/lib -linstall
main.o: undefined symbol `_asprintf' referenced from text segment
pen.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely, consider using mkstemp()
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any clues on how I can move forwards.