Subject: Re: libtool [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2000 07:53:42
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> What's the deal with pkglibtool these days btw?

  We have to keep it around for a while for those old packages that
still use it and have to have their PLISTs (and possibly some patches)
changed to use the "real" libtool.  The plan is to fade out pkglibtool
by changing USE_PKGLIBTOOL to USE_LIBTOOL whenever a package is touched
(e.g., when updated).  This way, we should eventually get rid of
pkglibtool.

  Perhaps we should change pkglint to warn about USE_PKGLIBTOOL so
chances of overlooking this when updating a package are smaller?  Any
pkglint guru who wants to tackle with this?

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene