Subject: Re: libtool update path
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2000 16:40:29
Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> typed:
:It was hoped that new packages that use libtool-1.3.4 wouldn't need
:any special attention at all, but see PR's pkg/9902, and pkg/10106.
:I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how that happened, but the
:assertion in 9902, that the test for ELFness is backwards in ltconfig,
:looks correct to me. If so, we're going to need a USE_{PKG}LIBTOOL for
:quite some time.

I followed up to 9902 in netbsd-bugs but it seems I didn't also send
it to gnats.  What seems to have happened is a pullup from their
development branch to 1.3.x became backwards with Todd V's ELF test.
Their development branch has been working fine for me for quite a
while though I've been using it with a limited number of packages.
I haven't checked 1.3.5 - so I don't know if it's been fixed
there yet.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/