Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2000 00:11:38
> other package. I believe that it should be the package maintainer's
> responsibility to decide on the revision threshold levels for
> interdependencies on external applications/libraries and not the

And that's who does it.  Unfortunately, you are finding that you disagree
with the decision that was made by someone.  (^&

If you can verify that the restriction is too tight, then send-pr it.  (I
would prefer to see people err on the side of conservatism, though I do
also chafe at some of the chain-reaction rebuilds that I've had to do.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com