Subject: gtk-- or gtkmm?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2000 19:14:16
The gtk-- package is very outdated and I have prepared a new one
(along with one for libsigc++, which was formerly a part of gtk--.

Since now a lot of paths and the archive are no longer named "gtk--"
or "Gtk--", but rather "gtkmm" I am unsure whether we might also call
the package "gtkmm". (This would also avoid the ugly "---" in the
package name.)

It has little to do with the old gtk-- (1.0.3) package, so changing
the name might not be a big problem.

I am also going to make a terraform package (the main reason for my
making libsigc++ and gtkmm), and will make them available for checking
and commitment on my web site in a few days.

Please tell me what you think.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - where do you want to go Tuesday?
		-- Julian Assange