Subject: Re: /var/db/pkg
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@mitre.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2000 13:35:21
Two things:

1)  Using pkg_info would be a HUGE win for me - it would solve dozens
of problems that I run into all the time.  "pkg_info --short name" for
a short ("name.0.0.1"/"No it's not installed") answer, along
with a 1/0 (0/1?) exit code would be wonderful, and it would make the
conversion of the .mk file really easy.

2)  I always use 'make reinstall' instead of 'make install'.  It doesn't
work from subordinate packages, but it works OK for the main packages.