Subject: Re: OpenMotif success
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/19/2000 21:24:52
Berndt Josef Wulf writes:
- I'd some success in compiling OpenMotif running demo programs which
- were included with the source code. I've created a package, but there
- is still a little work to be done as libXm requires the wcschr,
- wcscpy, wcscat, wcsncat and wcslen functions dealing with wide
- character string manipulation. (I've managed to work around this for
- now).

	What we (Software2Go, LLC, http://www.apps2go.com) did when
we ported Motif to NetBSD (and {Open,Free}BSD) was use the Xwchar
package from X11R5, available at most any X mirror, and available
from ftp.apps2go.com:/pub/Xwchar/Xwchar.tar.gz.

	Feel free to make use of that! (I believe we patched the
files that needed it so they directly included the needed sources,
and we didn't need to ship another library, or attempt to merge it
into libXm.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    At Group L, Stoffel oversees six first-rate programmers, a managerial