Subject: Re: make update
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2000 14:29:46
Jukka Marin writes:

> Now I pkg_delete'd imlib and tried to make clean; make install it:
>
> root@kyyhky graphics/imlib # make install
> ===> Validating dependencies for imlib-1.9.8
> Installed package gtk+-1.2.* is an a.out
> a.out package.
> You are building an a.out package, which will not inter-operate.
> Please update the gtk+-1.2.* package to a.out
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> ===> imlib-1.9.8 cannot build necessary dependencies.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Houston, we have a Problem..

Well, you certainly do.  You might want to confirm that your pkgtools
and the pkgsrc/mk/* files are all consistent with the repository.
Was the "is an a.out <return> a.out package" a typo, or was a.out
really printed twice?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.