Subject: Re: pkgsrc/net/libpcap upgrade
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/04/2000 20:58:01
>> 	is it okay if I upgrade pkgsrc/net/libpcap to one of tcpdump.org
>> 	weekly snaps?  also, I plan to put pkgsrc/net/tcpdump...
>Um, while I have no problems with the pkgs, wouldn't the base system be a
>more appropriate location?

	yup, basically I agree, but there are many functionalities that are
	in netbsd tree but not in tcpdump.org tree yet.  I'm try to backport
	good changes in NetBSD into tcpdump.org, but it needs more time.

	I'm not sure how two trees (netbsd and tcpdump.org) should
	be maintained.  I think someday netbsd should try to switch totally to
	tcpdump.org tree.

itojun