Subject: zoularis-20000317 matches ???; Linux, HP-UX, etc.?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <salb@hell.gud.siemens.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/03/2000 10:16:12
On Tue, 02 May 2000 12:36:33 +0100 Will Partain <partain@dcs.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

> Folks, I'm trying to do the zoularis -- coolness on
> wheels... -- thing and am having startup troubles.  In
> particular, as the dribblings below suggest, I don't think I
> have the right NetBSD sources that "match" zoularis-20000317
> (my sources were the -current ones a couple of days ago;
> 1.4.2 didn't work either, but in different ways).
> Suggestions?

I also missed the information, which sources to use. I start with 1.4.1
(the zoularis source was also older than yours) and garbed some parts
from -current. I stepped also in some other minor problems, but have
running it now. I compiled a list of things I have done to get it work,
unfrotunally it is on my not working Laptop (CPU went out of the socket),
so it will take some time before I can post it here.

> While I'm here: zoularis shows signs of life for Linux, not
> just Solaris; how solid is that?  What are the chances on
> the other major commercial Unices, e.g. HP-UX, AIX, etc?

I have build it on a Slakware Linux 2.2.14 and it works for me
  * building packages,
  * creating installation sets (cd, ...) for NetBSD using bmake.

You should really look at the ftp sources, it you use 1.4.2, because in
1.4.1 they have some serious bugs (freeing static memory), I don't know
if the changes have found there way to 1.4.2.

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/item/our-builds/pkgs/zoularis-20000317/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bsd/share/mk'
> Installing header files
> make: don't know how to make /item/netbsd-src/src/sys/machine/endian_machdep.h. Stop
> make: *** [all] Error 2

If my memory is right, that was one of the sources I took from -current
and put on a place where the make system was happy, but as I said I didn't
have access to the exact info at the moment.

Bernd