Subject: Re: correct use of '-lm' for mysql-client?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cosinus.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/29/2000 09:56:02
Ignatios Souvatzis writes:

> The programs using libmysqlclient need to link -lm, too, in this case.

Is there a simple way of finding out what libraries are needed?  Not
linking libm doesn't cause any kind of linker error.  Hypothetically I
might need to link several different libraries against something, but there
appears to be no way to know this. (except by runtime failures)
Is this a weakness of shared libs, ELF, our ld.elf_so, or what?

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.