Subject: heads up - Mesa-3.1
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/03/2000 13:30:56
I've just updated the Mesa pkg to 3.1 which is out for
4 months now.

It comes libtoolized out of the box, which makes things
easier for us. It doesn't use our pkglibtool however -
our version can't deal with some temporary libraries
during the build process. I hope pkglibtool gets updated
sooner or later...

The biggest user visible change is that it installs as
"libGL" like the "real thing" now. Dependant packages
which look for "libMesaGL" only must be fixed.
(It would be easy of course to create some links in
the Mesa installation, but I hope only a few packages
look for the "Mesa" name only, and the problem will
disappear automatically.)

best regards
Matthias