Subject: Conflicting Packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2000 21:22:52
I've got a question.
I was trying to build the x11/xfce desktop environment package.
Pkgsrc is set up for version 3.3.1, but the only sources on
the website is 3.3.2.

In the makefile I changed the url to point to 3.3.2 hoping nothing
else will break.

While building, I got the following error:

creating gifrotat
Making all in doc
Making all in pic
===> Installing for libungif-4.1.0
===> libungif-4.1.0 conflicts with installed package(s): giflib-3.0  found.
*** They install the same files into the same place.
*** Please remove giflib-3.0  first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'm assuming that other packages depend on giflib or it wouldn't be
there to begin with.  If these two packages do the same thing,
how do I resolve the conflict?

Thanks,
Roger