Subject: openssh on 1.4.2/m68k
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/29/2000 02:04:50
 I am seeing some weird behaviour with the openssh-1.2.3 package I built
 from pkgsrc.

 A3000, 040/28MHz, trimmed down 1.4.2 kernel, /dev/urandom support.

 Say, I have a ppp connection and start ssh from an xterm. X freezes
 for about 25 seconds, and when it comes back, the load is > 2.0.
 This is sort of extreme.

 Any explanations? Plain telnet doesn't do this. openssl is built
 with -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer by default, could this cause problems
 on m68k?

 I was planning to make my openssl and openssh available to others
 (openssl took over 7h to build), but not under these conditions.