Subject: Perl package questions
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2000 21:56:43
I'm looking at upgrading perl-current to 5.6.0, and I think I can
replace all the patches with a single patch to hints/netbsd plus
arguments to configure. I'm very tempted to set the policy to install
modules to $prefix/share/perl5/..., but I suppose that would break
some PLISTS?

Can anyone tell me, why is it that "posix" is deliberately excluded
from the list of libraries to search for? I understand why "gdbm" is
excluded (but I would use "./Configure -Ui_gdbm", rather than patch),
but why "posix"? Is something wrong with NetBSD's posix, or is it
unecessary, or what?