Subject: pkgsrc CVS defaults...
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2000 08:10:42
Hi, all.

I was wondering... It would seem to me to make sense to distribute the
pkgsrc tarball with foo/CVS/Root set to

This will be immediately useful to people, whereas the default, which
currently points to, is only going to be useful to people
who can fairly easily make the change anyway. It won't be correct for
everyone, but it'll be correct for more folks than

I'm not sure how we generate the tarball, but I figure that the worst
case would involve unpacking somewhere, programmatically making the change,
and repacking.

I'd be happy to set this up if someone would point me in the right direction.

Mason Loring Bliss             (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  )) build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((  from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore