Subject: Re: update all, docs, binary pkgs, etc questions
To: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2000 10:29:17
On 23 Mar 2000, Mario Kemper wrote:

# Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> writes:
#
# > > 5)  Why is it that when I downloaded a current pkgsrc and I build
# > >     I need a more recent pkgtools?  I expected that current pkgtools
# > >     would be integrated into the current pkgsrc, at least around the
# > >     time of a new release (1.4.2).
# >
# > The pkgtools are binaries, so why would they be included with pkgsrc?
# >
# Aren't they in pkgsrc/pkgtools for the people who don't follow -current?

I think he meant to say "I expected that current pkgtools would be
integrated into the current _system_, at least around the time of a new
release (1.4.2)."  At least that's what would make sense.

# --
# Mario Kemper
# magick@bundy.lip.owl.de
#