Subject: Re: tkcvs
To: None <>
From: Mario Kemper <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/2000 11:51:38
Laine Stump <> writes:

> At 01:58 AM 3/17/00 +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >> Anyway, since it requires KDE, it almost surely won't be usable by my
> >> intended audience, who almost exclusively use MS Windows (tkcvs runs on
> >> Windows).
> >
> >Don't they like KDE because of KDE, or because it's still Unix under it?
> >;-)
> I doubt they have any opinion about KDE, most of them have probably never
> even heard of it. They just have MS Windows boxes on their desktops, and
> all the applications they're writing run on Windows, and it's impossible to
> explain to a Windows-droid the fact that you can be much more productive
> writing Windows code if you do it in an emacs window running on an xterm...
Funnily i'm also looking for an replacement for VSS and friends for
Windows-based projects. The Problem with tkCVS is, that you need Cygnus-Tools
and a dozend other things installed before you can start.
I took a quick look at WinCVS ( if i remember correctly) which
ran out of the box against a linux-cvs server. Maybe that's an option.

Ups, i think i got a bit OT here :-)

Mario Kemper