Subject: required packages (was Re: tkcvs)
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/17/2000 01:27:37
* David Maxwell (david@fundy.ca) [000317 01:17]:
| On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:23:26PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
| > Is there a way to query what other packages
| > are required for a particular package without installing it?
|
| It wouldn't be hard to make a target like 'make fetch-list' that
| printed a 'plain' list of required packages.
|
| Anyone listening have a use for that feature?

Yepp, sounds interesting. Sometimes I would have liked to have that, but
just used fetch-list. Perhaps a plain list for all required packages with
some mark (perhaps an asterisk before the items) that denotes missing or
existing distfiles for the packages?

Bye,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)