Subject: tkcvs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2000 11:02:58
I recently started looking at tkcvs as I'm in the process of convincing a
development group that they really should stop using that toy SourceSafe
and switch to CVS, but some of them insist on having some sort of GUI.

After building and running tkcvs-6.0 from pkgsrc, I found reference to a
newer beta version (currently 6.3b3) in the info at cyclic.com. I
installed this version, and it is *much* nicer, and seems to work just
fine.

    http://www.teleport.com/~mokuren/tkcvs.html

What is the policy concerning updating a package to a beta version (near
as I can tell, this stuff is labelled as beta just because the
maintainer hasn't gotten around to calling it "release")? I think this
would be a worthwhile update to consider, especially since tkcvs-6.0 is
now four years old (!)