Subject: Re: Rebuilding all installed packages
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2000 15:17:19
On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Martin Husemann wrote:

> Please excuse this silly dumb-user question:
>
> Is there an easy way to 'snapshot' your current install (i.e. crate a list like
> that output of pkg_info), deinstall all this packages and install them again
> (thus upgrading each package to the current version)?

That would be neat. I've used *_SPECIFIC_PKGS to update a whole bunch
at a time (see the top level Makefile), but the list of
category/package's had to be constructed by hand. I don't see an easy
way to get the category where the package actually lives out of the
package database, which you would need to construct the list automatically.