Subject: Re: fix for databases/rrdtool
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2000 00:46:01
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> In any case these are really side-issues to the central one that doing
> this kind of code maintenance in the pkg system is (or at least should
> be, if it's done right) a *LOT* more work than I think anyone really
> should want to do unless there are extenuating circumstances and
> desparate needs.

You suggested committing the complete set of changes to update an
included library to another version. Even assuming that such a set
were available, that's a lot more work, and pkgsrc baggage, than
simply changing the linker invocation in the packages Makefile. Unless
I misunderstood you completely, your idea is absurd on the face of it.