Subject: Re: Local package mods
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/26/2000 12:30:50
On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> So, the gist of the above is that I have a local mod to Python.  Right
> now I just keep a copy of my version of cryptmodule.c around and when
> I build Python I do make extract, replace that file and continue the
> make as usual.

Just generate a patch from within ${WRKSRC}, and put it in
lang/python/patches/patch-local-cryptmodule. The patch-local-* files
will be ignored by the makepatchsum target, but not by the patch
target, so they'll generally be applied blindly. To gain some extra
assurance of being alerted if changes to the original file make the
patch non-sensical (e.g. the author accepts your change), put
"PATCH_FUZZ_FACTOR?= -F0" in /etc/mk.conf.