Subject: Python and Apache
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2000 13:08:47
OK, so now I want to incorporate PyApache into the packages system but
I don't know enough about the individual pieces to do it.  Perhaps I
can get some direction here or maybe someone else wants to go ahead
and do it.

First, here is how I currently build it in.  I start with stock Apache.
I do make extract to get the basic Apache files into the work directory.
I then cd to work/apache_1.3.11/src/modules and extract the PyApache
distribution (PyApache-4.16 from into
that directory.  I then add the following line to CONFIGURE_ARGS:

Then I continue building the package as normal.

Now, I know that Apache has loadable modules but I am not familiar enough
to know how (or even if) I can make the PyApache module a loadable one.
Does it require changes to the PyApache source or can I just set a few
compiler flags and go?  If the former then I will try to contact the
PyApache people first and see if they can incorporate the changes in
the base package before trying to integrate it to our system.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves                |  and a sheep voting on