Subject: Re: py-postgresql package
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2000 06:52:27
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Thus spake Ty Sarna
> > No, it shouldn't break. I think cc has accepted -R since 1.4 at least.

> I guess you mean -Wl and yes, I tested that on an a.out system and it did

Uh, no. I meant -R. Why don't you try it?

fezzik$ uname -prs
NetBSD 1.4.1 i386
fezzik$ echo >x.c "main(){}"
fezzik$ cc -R/tmp x.c

lukasiewicz$ uname -prs
NetBSD 1.4P i386
lukasiewicz$ echo >x.c "main(){}"
lukasiewicz$ cc -R/tmp x.c

> compile.  Someone pointed out to me that mysql has the same problem so I

No, MySQL's problems have nothing to do with that, AFAIK.  It uses -R,
and should work on either ELF or a.out.  It has a host of other
problems, the largest being the fact that it uses an unsupported module
that is incompatible with current MySQL releases (I believe this is the
cause of the build failure, but I haven't verified), but these are unrelated.

> suppose we better do something.  I have sent the following message to

What, change something that already works?

Please don't change the python package.