Subject: Re: py-postgresql package
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2000 14:25:28
Thus spake Brook Milligan
>    So the question is, why does it call cc on my system and ld on Brook's?
>    As I suggested, it doesn't appear to be an a.out vs. ELF thing at all.
>
> Except for the fact that I think you said your's was ELF and mine is
> a.out.  So perhaps the issue is that different make rules are being
> used depending on the ELF/a.out type?
>
>    > so this package actually doesn't currently (or at least a few days ago)
>    > build on a.out either for this reason.
>
>    I ahve empirical proof that it does.
>
> I'm confused, now.  It definitely doesn't work on my a.out system.

In fact, I just realized that I recently built it on both a.out systems
and ELF systems so it is definitely nothing to do with that.  The fish
is crimson and should be ignored.  What else is different between your
installation and mine?  Anyone else trying to build it that can offer
more clues?

I have built this on the following system:
  NetBSD 1.4C
  NetBSD 1.4K
  NetBSD 1.4Q
  NetBSD 1.4S
  NetBSD 1.4T

I have knowledge that it was built under 1.3.3 (Greg, confirm?)