Subject: Re: py-postgresql package
To: None <>
From: Brook Milligan <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2000 08:10:23
   > I'm trying to compile the py-postgresql package and get the following
   > error:
   > ===>  Building for py-postgresql-2.4
   > ld -Bshareable  pgmodule.o  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib -L/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib -lpq -lcrypt -o
   > ld: invalid command option `-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib'
   > *** Error code 1

   should be '-R/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib' if passed directly to ld.  I started to
   look into a fix, but just haven't had time to finish.  Feel free to send
   in a patch if you fix it before someone else does...

So replacing -Wl,-R... with -R... is the fix for a.out?  Will it also
work with elf?  Or does there need to be a a.out/elf detection
mechanism included to differentiate the cases?