Subject: Re: wterm-6.2.6 installs in /usr/local/bin?!?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2000 13:44:50
On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 09:55:42PM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
> I type 'make && make install' in .../pkgsrc/x11/wterm, and for some reason
> it insists on installing into /usr/local instead of /usr/X11, and the
> icon install fails completely.  I want it to install into /usr/X11.
> No amount of twiddling CONFIGURE_ARGS seems to help.  pkgsrc is updated
> here every other day.
> Here's my /etc/mk.conf -- what am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong... It's not your mk.conf, it's the package.
The pkgsrc/x11/wterm/Makefile includes:

USE_X11=        YES		(which triggers lib includes etc)

but doesn't include:
USE_X11BASE=    YES

It also does some tricks in the PLIST

@cwd ${PREFIX}
bin/wterm
man/man1/wterm.1
@cwd ${X11BASE}
share/WindowMaker/Icons/wterm.tiff
share/WindowMaker/Icons/wtermthai.tiff

And it is not the only pkg which uses @cwd in the PLIST, but there are only
6 pkgs that do it. (Note that x11/wterm uses PLIST_SUBST+=, while mail/faces
uses sed and post-install)

If you'd like it to behave like most X11 installs, remove the cwd lines, and
add the USE_X11BASE= YES in the Makefile. Just remember it's a change that
will require maintainence between sups, unless the package makes more sense
all in X11BASE now and someone changes it.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods