Subject: Re: security/ssh IPv6 and SOCKS incompatibility
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2000 14:05:55
>> 	Not sure which is the way to go.
>Just warn that USE_INET6 is possible together with SOCKS?
>If people want SOCKS on -current, they can set USE_INET6=no.
>(By my understanding - I haven't looked at the ssh package!)

	Current situation is that security/ssh is biased toward USE_INET6,
	since it always apply IPv6 patch to the tree.
	I think I have written Makefile to pull in IPv6 patch only when
	USE_INET6 is used, but IPv6 patch is now part of security/ssh/patches
	for attempt to make IPv6+kerberos5 compile.
	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/security/ssh/Makefile
	1.66 -> 1.67
	(i'm not blaming this change - KERBEROS=5 does not work with
	crypto-intl tree (heimdal) due to #define differences, BTW)

	so, the current situation with USE_INET6 and USE_SOCKS is like below:

USE_INET6	USE_SOCKS
---		---
no		no		IPv4 only, using IPv6 patched tree
				(can we build the current pkgsrc on 1.4.x??)
no		yes		broken
yes		no		IPv4/v6, using IPv6 patched tree
yes		yes		broken

itojun