Subject: Re: pkg request (gsl)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/08/2000 10:56:49
On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 06:37:45AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > > ftp://newbox.worldmap.net/pub/pkg-release/gsl.tgz
> > >
> > Details....
> >
> > fredb@handy-> pkglint -abc -N
> > OK: checking pkg/PLIST.
> > FATAL: "@exec install-info" must be placed after all the info files.
> > OK: checking pkg/COMMENT.
> > OK: checking pkg/DESCR.
> > OK: checking Makefile.
> > OK: checking files/md5.
> > 1 fatal errors and 0 warnings found.
> Never mind. I fixed that and committed the package.

I had...

newbox:0/usr/pkgsrc/math/gsl:3% pkglint
OK: checking pkg/COMMENT.
OK: checking pkg/DESCR.
OK: checking Makefile.
OK: checking files/md5.
looks fine.

and I didn't think pkglint was too out of date...
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  35599 Jan  5 23:43 /usr/local/bin/pkglint

And I followed the example from Packages.txt... Right before the top info.

> @comment <$>NetBSD<$>
> bin/bison
> man/man1/bison.1.gz
> @unexec install-info --delete %D/info/bison.info %D/info/dir
> info/bison.info
> info/bison.info-1
> info/bison.info-2
> info/bison.info-3
> info/bison.info-4
> info/bison.info-5
> @exec install-info %D/info/bison.info %D/info/dir
> share/bison.simple
> share/bison.hairy

I'll add that to my Packages.txt cleanup.

> Who sends mail to gsl-discuss to say that there's a package for
> NetBSD, and to report which tests (gmake check) failed? That's the
> maintainer's job, right? :-)

Will do.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive