Subject: Needed configuration variables
To: None <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/07/2000 01:30:09

What do we do with packages that need some variable set in
/etc/mk.conf, but which shouldn't have a default for it?

One example is ssh, which uses USE_RSAREF2, and checks if it's set to
YES or NO, but no default is given, since it depends on where in the
world you live.

Should we mark them as IS_INTERACTIVE, or is there some other way
around it? I think the only problem is that they may break in bulk
builds, but only if the variable is not set, and I don't think that
setting them to IS_INTERACTIVE is the right way to handle that case.

Thomas Klausner -
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und
das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt. (found on /.)