Subject: Re: Maxi-packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@nospam.office.emsi.priv.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2000 12:26:34
| This was explored earlier in the ``gimp requires emacs'' thread
|
|  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/1999/05/03/0000.html

  That's <199905022222.HAA02801@dingo.ping.net.au> for all out there
using a decent newsreader. :)

  The point they are making is very similar to what I am rambling
about, you are right.

| The issue in that thread is subtly different, but might help to inform
| this discussion.  IIRC that thread was resolved fairly conclusively, and
| got me thinking about what's the right way to run a packages collection
| smoothly.

  Beg to disagree, it wasn't resolved per se. It was worked around
for that one package (gimp), and quieted by vocal pkg maintainers,
but the main problem still is here (or I wouldn't have brought it up).

	mjl