Subject: Re: Tcl and Tk
To: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: Oleg Polyanski <luke@eed.miee.ru>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/02/2000 00:34:59
>>>>> "BL" == Bjoern Labitzke writes:

        Please do not replace Tcl/Tk 8.0.x with 8.2.x, do a separate package.
        Tcl/Tk from 8.1  and later DO  not work with strings containing 8-bit
        characters as expected in  earlier  versions unless you have  working
        locale in libc. For example, there is  no locale for russian language
        in NetBSD' libc.  Tk  8.1 is even worse  case  - it  expects properly
        working X11 locale that depends on libc locale etc etc.