Subject: far-off lands, please test pre-5.6 Perl *now*
To: None <perl-release-announce@perl.org>
From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2000 09:47:17
Hi,

this message is a wake-up call for people who care about Perl in
far-off lands.  The next major Perl release, 5.6, is getting nearer.
We would very much like to have all the ports of Perl in nice
synchrony and in full working order and therefore your testing work
would be much appreciated.

Therefore and thusly, please download the developer release 5.005_63

	http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/devel/perl5.005_63.tar.gz

now and give it a firm shake in your systems.

The 5.5.64 (yes, we've changed the release numbering scheme) will be
out shortly, but in the meantime, and whenever you feel the need to be
on the bleeding edge, feel free dive into the
ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/perl-current/
(or, if you don't mind a deluge in your inbox, subscribe to the
 perl5-porters@perl.org mailing list)

If you have any patches to offer or any questions whatsoever, please
don't hesitate.

(The Reply-To address of this message has already been twisted to point
 to the perl5-porters@perl.org.)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen