Subject: Tcl and Tk
To: NetBSD packages <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2000 15:40:41
Hello...

I have redone the Tcl and Tk packages. I left them as similar
to a standard installation as possible, i.e. there is no split
of documentation and code or other features that would ease
multiple installations. I know this smells like there would
be update problems with new major Tcl/Tk releases, but I am
not so sure. At least to me the updates seemed relative painless.
And besides, the problem exists for all other packages that
are depended upon as well.

So, the package directories are lang/tcl and x11/tk. And I
think pattern matching DEPENDS in the other packages should
work for most of them. Some of them I can do myself, because
I use them and can test if they work. For the rest I am not
really sure. I may try to update them, but won't test them
very far. At the moment I will do updates (as far as I get
them working :-) ): Ical (done), tkman (done), Itcl (new
package), postgresql (not yet done), tkinfo (not yet done)
and timidity (done, but I don't like the hardwiring of the
version in the Makefile yet.).

It would be nice if someone could check the packages. As there
is still an open PR from me about the Tcl-package I will
wait to submit those changes until the opposition here
died down. ;->

Tcl: http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~hermit/tcl.tar.gz
Tk : http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~hermit/tk.tar.gz

The rest will follow soon.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)