Subject: Re: amanda
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2000 15:15:32
>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:02:33 +0100
>From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
>
>Attached are my changer.conf and amanda.conf, so that you can compare
>with yours.

You forgot to attach the files again :-)  Please send them along so I
can check my configuration.

>Alternatively maybe you can try to put more printf's in scsi-chio.c
>so see where it fails.

I will try that if it becomes impossible to proceed any other way.
But I find working on code in pkgsrc to be extremely difficult, as it
always seems to do something unexpected.  For example, if I "make",
change some code, and then "make" again, nothing happens on the second
make because of the "work/.build_done" file that gets created the
second time.  I can usually figure out how to force it to do what I
want (i.e. "rm work/.build_done" before the second "make") but these
little surprises do make development somewhat painful to me...

>I also think it's possible to use scsi-chio from the command line
>but I'm not sure about the arguments.

I haven't figured them out yet, and there doesn't seem to be any docs
on it.  But the "amtape" interface does seem to give a pretty direct
path of execution for the configured changer program, which is why I
included "amtape" output in the stuff I recently sent.

Based on the differences in the output you set to what I'm seeing, I
strongly suspect that my configuration is to blame.  So I'd prefer to
see your configuration files before I try to dig any deeper for the
cause.

Cheers,
entropy

--