Subject: Re: amanda
To: None <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2000 16:02:23
>Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:12:34 +0100
>From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
>>
>> Could you try the appened patch to pkgsrc ?
>
>Grrr, again I forgot to attach the file.
>Here it is.

I applied the patch.  I think I got it right, but I did have to do
some things by hand.  For example, the new patches were created in the
the top-level directory where I ran patch, so I had to move them into
the correct directories by hand.  All the patches to the existing
files seem to have been applied cleanly.

But still no luck.  Here's some output from my attempts to test it.
Note that there is no physical changer or tape activity generated by
any of the amanda commands.  The chio and mt commands have the
expected results.

If this looks like a configuration problem on my end, feel free to
kick me.  If you need any information about my setup, or want me to
try any specific tests, let me know.

Thanks for all the help so far...

Output:

bash-2.03$ amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
ERROR: new tape not found in rack.
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test.
Server check took 0.632 seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.044 seconds, 0 problems found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.1p1)
bash-2.03$ amtape DailySet1 reset
amtape: could not reset changer: changer status query failed: 0xffffffff Invalid
 argument
bash-2.03$ amtape DailySet1 show
amtape: scanning all 12 slots in tape-changer rack:
amtape: could not load slot chg-scsi:: changer status query failed: 0xffffffff I
nvalid argument
bash-2.03$ chio status
picker 0: <FULL>
slot 0: <FULL>
slot 1: <FULL>
slot 2: <FULL>
slot 3: <FULL>
slot 4: <FULL>
slot 5: <FULL>
slot 6: <FULL>
slot 7: <FULL>
slot 8: <FULL>
slot 9: <FULL>
slot 10: <FULL>
slot 11: <FULL>
portal 0: <INEAB,EXENAB>
drive 0: <ACCESS>
bash-2.03$ chio move slot 11 drive 0
bash-2.03$ chio status
picker 0: <FULL>
slot 0: <FULL>
slot 1: <FULL>
slot 2: <FULL>
slot 3: <FULL>
slot 4: <FULL>
slot 5: <FULL>
slot 6: <FULL>
slot 7: <FULL>
slot 8: <FULL>
slot 9: <FULL>
slot 10: <FULL>
slot 11: <>
portal 0: <INEAB,EXENAB>
drive 0: <FULL>
        From: slot 11
bash-2.03$ mt status
SCSI tape drive, residual=0
ds=3<Mounted>
er=6<>
blocksize: 0 (0, 0, 0, 0)
density: 19 (0, 0, 0, 0)
current file number: 0
current block number: 0
bash-2.03$ amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
amcheck-server: slot 9: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: drive unload failed (MOVE): 0xffffffff Invalid a
rgument
amcheck-server: slot chg-scsi:: no tape online
ERROR: new tape not found in rack.
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test.
Server check took 0.776 seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.036 seconds, 0 problems found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.1p1)
bash-2.03$ mt offl

--
entropy