Subject: Re: qt2
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2000 21:10:29
wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at said:
> In this case I propose renaming the current qt-directory to qt1, but
> let it's name still be qt-1.x. Then we change all the dependencies,
> and make a new package qt, which really is qt-2.x.

Changing the dependencies is not enough. qt2 is very different from
qt1, that's why I used the term "practically impossible" in my
previous mail. And excluding people using something based on qt1
(as KDE) from qt2 development would suck.
Imho we don't have another choice than kepping qt1 - at least the
parts needed for building and at runtime - around in a non-conflicting
way until all pkgs using it are died out. This can take a while...

best regards
Matthias