Subject: Re: package interuptus
To: gkrall <gkrall@pmi-kc.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2000 15:58:29
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, gkrall wrote:

> *This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*

> I've noticed that if I start a pkg_add command and that pkg
> depends on other pkgs, and if the modem drops line some where on
> the 2nd or 3rd dependent 5meg pkg I loose (sic) & have to start
> over.  Is there a way to resume a stalled pkg_add command so that
> time/bandwidth isn't wasted?

For building from pkgsrc, you could set FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS+= -R in
/etc/mk.conf, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make pkg_add do
the equivalent. Possibly the cleanest way to implement this would be
for "ftp" to accept an environment variable like FTP_ARGS or FTP_REGET.

P.S.: Any chance you could unmime the text of your messages? For me to
reply to you in "pine" requires the extra work of copying and pasting.